Monday, September 23, 2013

Learning

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us..." 1 John 3:1

Great indeed! Vacation was amazing and relaxing and my little family is such a blessing..posts and pictures of those things soon....

Some big news in the front of our minds, (no we're not pregnant, that will have to be a blessing for a different day) Jason has asked for a peaceful leave from his staff ministry call.  Our church is no longer in a financial position to afford to pay two called workers' salaries. The terminology our synod uses in this situation is 'peaceful leave'. We have been so amazingly blessed by our church family and consider this our home. We would love to stay and continue building roots here but we also understand that God may have different plans for us. So with that I humbly ask for your prayers as we wait for some guidance from above. 

Since first learning about future of Jason's position we have both been on the look out for a local family- sustaining job. I started searching for a different job this past summer because I wanted more of a challenge from my position, plus considering the changes in Jason's job. Don't get me wrong, I loved teaching at our church's preschool but I knew that getting out of my comfort zone would be a very valuable experience for me. After a few interviews I finally accepted a position as a preschool aide, with teaching in my future, at a local Early Childhood Learning Center...amazing right?!?! Well, by the end of the first day I already wanted to quit. There were some things I noticed going on that I just wasn't comfortable with and I wasn't necessarily getting to know the preschool rooms.....so I talked with the Hubby and his very help words of advise were to try it a little longer before I make any decisions. With his support I thought, sure, why not, let's try it longer.  I have been brought to exhustation and tears from this job quite a few times since then. I'll have a terrible day but the next one won't be so bad, so far it's a predictable never-ending-cycle. 

I am learning a lot about me, about how I want to passionately teach with a purpose instead of it being 'just a job', I want to have that same passion about being a supportive wife and mother when I am home, and most importantly I know that with God leading the way I will be placed in a position where He needs me....it might not be the most enjoyable but I'm there for a reason, while I'm there. And with that strong belief I am still on the look out for a teaching job in a classroom. Where my passion for teaching will be a commonality with the other faculty! 

Until then I will trust that I am in this position for a reason and I will do my best to reflect the Son for those around me!

You may be wondering how I am posting during the day while I should be at the Center...well one of the joys of being around new children is a whole truckload of new germs, made worse by allergies and here I am at home....but even though being sick stinks being home with my amazing daughter is a HUGE blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Kayla! (And your family) God's prayers and blessings with you during this transition time. I know you cherish every moment, even the ones we don't plan for. Keep us posted. You can always find a job in Oregon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! Thanks so much for your support! Well if you hear of a job let us know :)

    ReplyDelete