Saturday, June 2, 2012

Getting Ready

At this point in my life there are alot of things I need to get ready for. Getting up in the morning and getting ready for the day, dressed and preparing myself for church, trips to the store...so many minute things compared to some biggies such as getting ready for 4 days of VBS and being in charge of crafts (for the first time EVER- Yikes) or a trip out of townor the biggest one yet...having a baby.
We have been very fortunate so far and have received a ton of baby items from family, friends, and church members.Then when I traveled back home for a baby shower we received so many more things to help us get ready for our little 'spud'. The closer we get to d-day the more prepared I'm feeling, yet I still find myself wondering if we actually have everything to be 'ready'. You would think that with 9 months to prepare that would be plenty of time..right? I'm not so sure. Because that's only 9 months to prepare to be parents for the first time!!!! How crazy is it that after such a short amount of time God entrusts us with His children to love, teach and instruct for their lifetime?!?! I am very thankful that He knows more then us, otherwise I would not be as calm and feeling as ready as I do .

1 comment:

  1. Somehow you'll eventually feel "ready." I think God knew what he was doing making pregnancy 9 months because by the end your uncomfortable enough that you'll just want him/her out! But then again if your anything like me I thought I was so prepared... Turns out I could have done a lot more reading, and that whole breastfeeding thing... Definitely wasn't prepared for that. Enjoy your last couple months as a family of two!

    ReplyDelete